Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Checklist

I have a verbal rut that drives some people crazy...my over-usage of the word "check!" I love checking things off lists. Saying "check" helps me mentally add or subtract something to one of my hundreds of lists. I have mental, digital, and paper check lists.

One of the many lists I have is entitled, "Things to do before China." I have been checking things off like crazy. Below are some of my checked off items.
  • Write Philosophy of Teaching Paper - Check
  • Get Ears Irrigated - Check!
  • Spend time with friends and family - Still checking
  • Write thank you notes - (I would say check, but this one spawned a whole new list)
  • Go to Doctor - Finally Check (yeah this took about 9 checks to complete)
  • Eat Chickfila - Check (checked that one about 4 times just to be safe)
  • Buy Coffee Press - Check!
I still have roughly 35 checks to go, but the good news is that the lists are getting shorter.

If you were leaving the country, what kinds of things would you need to check off your list? Can you think of anything I should add to my lists?

Also, I thought of some checklists for you, my friends.
  • Sign up for Skype and find Lizzie
  • Read about Harbin, China
  • Give Lizzie one last hug 'cause you love her
Feel free to add to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment