Friday, July 1, 2011

The Power of One Thousand and One

We've all heard about the Power of One. Now at ExactTarget you hear about the Power of One Thousand.

This week, I learned about the power of One Thousand and One.

My friend Megan is on her way to Kenya. She and her husband will be working to help widows and orphans by providing aide and education. ExactTarget coworkers rallied behind her and hosted a service auction (what's that you say: It's an auction of people's times, talents, and services to help Megan be able to serve those in Kenya)

With the power of one thousand, Megan moved closer to her goal.

At the auction, I had hoped to buy some graphic design time. Doing so would allow me to have some awesome email templates for my newsletters all the while helping Megan - Win Win!

However, I was outbid.

As I resigned myself to the loss, the winner came around and informed me that he had bought the graphic design services to give to me. I literally could not believe it. With one bid, he helped Megan and then turned around and helped me.

With the power of one, I was helped and encouraged.

That is what the power of One Thousand and One is all about. Sometimes it takes a whole group of people working together to accomplish a goal...
but at the same time if each person is looking for ways to help the person laboring beside them amazing things can happen.

Interested in rallying behind Megan? (or just learning more?)
Go to: www.lcms.org/dooms

No comments:

Post a Comment