Monday, July 25, 2011

Three Degrees of Separation

I have finally arrived at the University of Northern Colorado for orientation! Today I went from Greenville to Detroit to Denver. At Denver I waited for hours with other people for our bus, where we then again lugged our weight in luggage (with a broken wheel) to the bus for our hour long trip to Fort Collins.

At the airport, on the bus, and at UNC I made an amazing discovery...there are only three degrees of separation for all team members.

Examples:
  • I met Jake who went to language school with Elisa
  • I met my future Harbin teammate in Greenville, SC for coffee (neither of us live in Greenville)
  • Beth's friend's cousin is here (or something like that)
  • Wheaton seems to always be a connecting point in some way
Literally, I feel as if I have a random connection to everyone here...

However, I must say that Moody is not well known out here. I was sitting at dinner and overheard someone say, "I was reading the bios and one said that she was a Moody grad. What's that mean? That she hated every class but graduated anyway?" Much laughter abounded...*Sigh*

Dwight*...sometimes I wish you had had a different last name.

*D. L. Moody was the founder of Moody - hence the name. (in case you didn't already know)

1 comment:

  1. I love the comment about Moody! I wear my MBI shirt around town and sometimes get some strange looks! But mostly I don't even think about it any more. Glad you got to meet Shelley (and lots of other cool people), and can't wait to meet you in Beijing!

    ReplyDelete