Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lizzie: Respectable and Lovely...and Silent? WHAT?

On the Freshman exams, I asked the students what they liked about the class and what we could improve on.  This was one answer I received for what they liked:

We enjoyed class because we never know what the respectable and lovely Miss Lizzie would do next.

I laughed out loud at that one...respectable and lovely...needless to say, not the normal adjectives used to describe me.  However, I know they are not alone in wondering what Miss Lizzie will do next.  I wonder it myself!!

Before our Thailand Conference, I have signed up to spend 2 days at a Jesuit retreat center.  While there, I will take a vow of silence and reflection.*  During that time, I hope to reflect on the last semester, look forward to this next year, and spend time reflecting on His goodness.  Perhaps, I'll get a glimpse of what I'll be doing next.

Most likely though, I'll come out really talkative, but refreshed and ready to keep wondering as I wander.

*yes, all I can envision is Eat, Pray, Love too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! My name is Sarah. I'm going to be a new teacher this fall, and my candidate counselor gave me your blog address to follow. Just wanted to say "hello". I love reading your stories. The Jesuit retreat center sounds amazing! I might like to do that when I'm there this coming winter. How did you hear about it?

    Lifting you up before the Father!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!

      I'm so excited for you! Preparing to go is such a busy, crazy, yet wonderful time!

      I heard about the Jesuit retreat center from my team leader's wife. Some teachers had gone before and really been refreshed. I'll report back and let you know how it goes!

      I'll be lifting you up as your prepare to come,
      Lizzie

      Delete