Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Popcorn...the pop, pop, and burn.

Dear World,

 There are some universal facts that are undisputed and they are as follows:
  • Nails on a chalkboard is a horrendous sound.
  • Burnt popcorn is a horrible smell.
For this post, I will focus in on, "Burnt popcorn is a horrible smell."

For those of you who know me, you know I like popcorn.  For those of you who know me well, you know I depend on air, water, and popcorn for physical survival.  Sooooo, when I got to China I knew there was an issue to be dealt with.

I made it about a month without popcorn (the buttery microwave popcorn was NOT a good substitution for my stove top version).  And then, Laura showed me the way.  There are popcorn kernels to be bought and popped.  YAY!!

Step 1: Purchase and Take Home
Step 2: Popping on the stove
Step 3 (optional): Failure
Step 4: Try Again (a few days later with a little research done)

Step 5:  Success!!!

And that is a fine example of my life in China...sometimes it takes a little more effort, time, research, and energy...but it generally can be done!!

1 comment:

  1. your love for and impossibility to live without popcorn sounds identical to the struggle I had with peanut butter in the Caspian. Way to persevere, lizzie!

    ReplyDelete