Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Lightness of One's Dreams"

"One loses, as one grows older, something of the lightness of one's dreams; one begins to take life up in both hands, and to care more for the fruit than the flower, and that is no great loss perhaps."
-W.B. Yeats

I jokingly posted this FB status awhile ago, "I'm teaching 45 of my sophomores how to play kickball today. I so did not see this happening in my 5 year plan..."


I am learning that while measuring myself next to my own plans...success and fail should not be the only vocabulary used..."different" and "well, that's interesting" can also be used.
 
As I look forward to the next five years, W. B. Yeats words play in my mind.  With all of life's uncertainties, I do know one thing...I will keep dreaming while taking up life with both Hands.

1 comment:

  1. Wise words, Lizzie. I remember once hearing a preacher say that one proof of our commitment to God is the cheerful willingness to have our plans interrupted by Him. I imagine you will be getting a lot of heavenly interruptions in China...so just enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete