Friday, August 26, 2011

Food from Home


Tonight Elisa, Beth, and I ate at a small diner that served Taiyuan food.  Elisa shared that she used to live in Taiyuan, which caused excited chatter to break out from the owner and cook.

The owner of the restaurant, so excited to share her love of her home city, gave Elisa a whole bottle of Taiyuan vinegar sauce as a gift…a gift from home. 

Not understanding the language can be hard.  However, when I don’t know the language the actions, emotions and expressions become the words.  Excitement, joy, sharing, pride, and generosity became her words that communicated as clearly as if she were speaking English. 

I have always said that food is my love language…

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lizzie!

    What are your thoughts on the food in China? :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the food here!! There is so much variety and spices. It's an adventure every time I go out.

    ReplyDelete