Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Compare/Contrast

I survived my first Christmas in China!!  And I must say...it was AWESOME!  Good friends, good food, and good times had by all.  However, I wanted to briefly offer a compare/contrast analysis of Christmas in the different countries.

US/China Christmas Contrasts: 
1. In China, people kept saying, “Happy Christmas.” Why do we have a “Merry Christmas” in the US and a “Happy Christmas” in China? 
2. U.S. Christmas wrapping paper isn't pink and purple with puppies and happy everyday quotes.
3. Silk Worms were part of the menu for the Christmas dinner. Never saw that on the U.S. menu. 
4. Some of my students were taking exams on Christmas day. 
5. My neighbors looked at me like I was crazy when I excitedly exclaimed, “Merry Christmas!"

US/China Christmas Similarities: 
1. He is the Reason for the Season. 
2. Christmas movies were viewed. 
3. Way too much sugar was eaten. 
4. I didn’t get my Christmas cards mailed. 
5. It was a white, cold Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment