Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ode to Coffee

Of the things I love in life, I give my love not only because of what they are but because of the memories associated with them. For example, I LOVE beignets from the Grand Luxe CafĂ©. While I cannot deny their inherent goodness…it is the memories that go with them that bring all the more joy. I have rich memories of laughter and friendship each time I had them. Therefore, I love beignets. Coffee is no different.

Coffee is a trifecta of love.

  1. Coffee aides in my ability to function. Without it, I become “pre-coffee Lizzie” and I’m told that is just not pretty. So coffee allows me to be…me. 
  2. Coffee is often decorated and adorned with happiness. I love coffee mugs. The beautifully decorated cup beckons one to wrap their hands around the wonderful warmth. The whip cream often placed on top begs one to dive their face in and emerge with a smile and a mustache. 
  3. Coffee = good memories. How many long, wonderful, thought-provoking conversations have I had over a cup of coffee? If you know me, you know that I crave intellectually stimulating and challenging conversations and I have found coffee to be a natural inducer of fluent, challenging, and memorable conversation. Some of my best friendships have come about over a cup of coffee. 

To end a long ode I will simply say…I Heart Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment