Monday, February 20, 2012

Is there really an App for that?

Dear App Store,

You are always saying, "There's an app for that!"  However, I thought I'd send you a list of Apps that would be useful for people living abroad.
  • Fruit and Vegetable Recognizing Software - The App would allow me to take a picture of some mystery produce item and my iPhone would then tell me what it is, what I can do with it, and how to wash it.  (Come to think of it, you might want to make a meat one as well…the snouts and feet help me detect what animal it was/is…but I'm still lost on figuring out the rest of the meat)
  • Moon Cake Filling Detector - This would scan a moon cake and let me know what is inside before I bite into it.
  • Skype Time Zone Reminder - This app would give me a pop-up reminder of the time/time zone of the person I am calling.  Sometimes I forget that the rest of the world is 14 hours behind me. (My brother just doesn't seem as talkative at 2:00 am.)
Please let me know if you would like more information regarding these ideas. 

Sincerely,
The American, who looks like a Russian, living in China

No comments:

Post a Comment