Monday, February 13, 2012

Blue Skies

During our conference, I caught up with several new teachers scattered throughout China.  As we talked about our cities and schools one conversation kept reoccurring.  I thought I'd share it with you.

Person A: What city are you in again?
Person B: [Insert city name]
Person A: Oh yeah!  How do you like it?
Person B: Well, we only get about 2 days of blue skies, but its not too bad.
Person A: Oh that's sad!  We can usually see blue skies 4 times a week!
   (Yes, we monitor our city's pollution by the # of blue sky days)
Person B: Yeah, but do you have cheese in your city?
Person A: No!
Person B: We do...Cheddar and Gouda.
Person A: WOW!!  You are so lucky!

Rinse and Repeat.

Ummm...I think I may have forgotten how to start small talk in the States.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious!!!!! I wish small talk conversations were like that here in the US!

    US Small Talk
    Person A: Hi how are you?
    Person B: Good - how are you?
    Person A: Good!
    The End.

    ReplyDelete