Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Grief: The Lack of an Answer

At almost 27 years old, I have been to more funerals than some people twice my age.  People I know and love have been taken by cancer, disease, accidents, and suicide.  I have grieved, mourned, comforted, and been comforted.

Whenever people speak of grief, I always remember Mandy.  To this day, I still mourn the loss of such an amazing friend.  I struggle with understanding how she was older than me, but I have now lived longer than her.  I don’t understand how this can be…I don’t understand…

So, even after all this time, the question still rages through my consciousness.  “Why?”  Yes, I did and still do ask the question.  I’m not afraid.  WHY?!

It seems that I will never be granted an answer, but I will cling to my conviction.

He is Good…yes, He was, is, and will be Good.

As these words whisper through my head and my heart,
The conviction always becomes…
The Answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment