Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Challenges

I am an ENTJ, which is the smallest percentage of personality type.  So yes, it has been confirmed.  I am odd.  Moving on…

"ENTJs love, and are energized by stimulating interactions with people.  They often challenge people's statements and behaviors, expecting that others will defend them and that, as a result, mutual learning takes place.  ENTJs admire and seek out people who are knowledgeable and who stand up to them, say what they think, and argue persuasively."*  I couldn't agree more!  I am a bit more cautious these days, but this statement resonates to the core of my being.

My brothers challenge me…and I LOVE it.  They have pushed me to do things I would have never thought possible, and I have become a stronger person for it (a bit more bruised perhaps, but stronger).

Challenges Presented Over the Years:
   * Learn to Water Ski
   * Ski down a Black Diamond before you learn on the Bunny Slope                                        (because apparently no sister of Chris Talcott is allowed on the Bunny Slope)
   * Work at a camp in New Hampshire
   * Learn to play the guitar (still working on this one)
   * Go Skydiving
   * Run a Mini-Marathon
   * Travel to Europe
   * Move overseas
   * …never accept mediocre

I don't know if you are like me, but I tend to stockpile friends who push me and challenge me.  This leads me to my question, "Who is challenging you?"

*Introduction to Type by Isabel Briggs Myers

No comments:

Post a Comment