Thursday, March 15, 2012

Powerless

I had never truly felt powerless until I moved to China.  I always believed that with enough hard work, logic, and persistence I could conquer just about anything. (Yes, I am the daughter of engineers)  However, those days are past.  No matter how hard I work, how much logic I apply, and how long I try…there are some things I just can't do.

A Few Examples Come to Mind:
Crowded buses with frosted windows and broken PA systems = Lost
Large crowds yelling in Chinese = Overwhelmed
Watching a student struggle to communicate but unable to find the words = Helpless
Desiring change for my students = Powerless

But…in this crazy world, where I can control so little, I have discovered a beautiful truth.

I never was in control.  I have always been…powerless.

As I realize my own inadequacy these words resonate in my heart,
"He gives strength to the powerless…"
Therefore, I will live each day knowing, "When I am weak, then He is strong."

1 comment: