Friday, March 9, 2012

Madness

What is something someone has done for you that might appear like madness to others, but not to you? 

This question appeared as a challenge on Amy's blog.  Go to The Messy Middle to read the original story.  I loved the challenge so much that I brought my story back to my blog.

I ran my first mini-marathon in 2009. My brother had encouraged me to do it, and I knew it would be a good challenge. However, I never went over 7 miles in my training. Knowing me…I didn’t want to waste a good entrance fee so I decided to run it anyway.
My brother, Chris, came to cheer me on and I saw him at three points along the way.


Point 1 – I was confident
Point 2 – I was in pain
Point 3 – I was .5 miles away from the finish line and unsure if I could keep going

Seeing my pain, he didn’t hesitate. In his jeans and sweatshirt, he jumped across the line, joined the crowd and ran with me for the next quarter of a mile. He looked crazy…I know people thought he was mad…but I didn’t care. Without his voice saying, “You can do it. Just take another step, and another, and another” I wouldn’t have finished. His madness led me to one of my greatest victories.

What about you? What is something someone has done for you that might appear like madness to others, but not to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment