Monday, March 26, 2012

Rolodex of Answers

Remember when we used a Rolodex to store important information?  Well, I still have a mental Rolodex, and it stores answers to questions I have been asked.

Q: Miss Lizzie, do you want to marry a Chinese man?
For the correct answer(s), spin to the "Date a Chinese man" section of the Answer Rolodex.  Wow!  There are three cards in this section!
1. Well, he would have to talk to my father!
2.  I don't think I'll get married until my older brothers get married.
3.  Maybe I should learn Chinese before I think about that.

Q: Miss Lizzie, can you use chopsticks?
*Spin to the Chopsticks section*
1. I learned back in America.
2. I sure hope so, otherwise I'd starve!
3. We should have dinner so you can see my chopsticks skills! (Best answer)

Q: Miss Lizzie, do you like Chinese Food?
*Spin to the Chinese Food section*
1. I love Chinese food!
2. I love Chinese Chinese food...American Chinese food is just not that good!
3. I love Chinese food...do you?
4. I love Chinese food...do you want to go get some?

Q: Miss Lizzie, can you advise me on how to live in a love triangle?
*Spin to the...the ummm...dating section*  Nope
*Spin to the love section* Nope
*Spin to the No Answer section*
Only card available: "Class, how would you answer that in English?"

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! ... oh Lizzie ... I love the way you worded that last response. Sometimes I still wish I had that card ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously was at a loss when he asked that. Someone needs to write a Rolodex for potential teachers!! Another question I got recently, "What do the streets in America look like?" Where do I begin?

    ReplyDelete